Checked component status under Site status, seems my Windows Update package wont get distributed to my distributionpoint. It will generate errrors in SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER. Seen in the picture below:
Expand the status message viewer and you will see this or similar error:
SMS Distribution Manager failed to process package “Windows 7 Update Files” (package ID = STO00081).
Possible cause: Distribution manager does not have access to either the package source directory or the distribution point.
Solution: Verify that distribution manager can access the package source directory/distribution point.
Possible cause: The package source directory contains files with long file names and the total length of the path exceeds the maximum length supported by the operating system.
Solution: Reduce the number of folders defined for the package, shorten the filename, or consider bundling the files using a compression utility.
Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the site server computer or the distribution point.
Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the site server computer and on the distribution point.
Possible cause: The package source directory contains files that might be in use by an active process.
Solution: Close any processes that maybe using files in the source directory. If this failure persists, create an alternate copy of the source directory and update the package source to point to it.
First thing i started to check was DISK-space, it was ok, acces should not be a problem it have worked for 2 years in production now, but checked it anyway it was ok. It could be the filename, but it’s windows own update files they should have thought of it, and the UNC have not been longer than what it has been before know 250 charters are maximum lenth of UNC, but it was ok. I also disconnected all users loged on to the SCCM server and i think that is what made it to work. I updated the DP:
And i loged of, loged on again after 15 minutes, and now it passed, the package got installed:
And the logg will say “successfully processed package X”:
And also the SMS_DIST will report it’s ok again (after a refresh and reset of the message viewer):